Women, as they age, tend to accumulate more hidden fats. These are fats that do not only lie under the skin but hide deep inside the abdomen and cover the abdominal organs, these are called visceral fats. Visceral fats are very hard to get rid of. Women with excessive visceral fat amounts in their body tend to suffer from conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, and may even cause cancer.
There are actually two types of body fat, the first type is the one mentioned above which is visceral fats that surround internal organs. The second type of body fat is called subcutaneous fat which lie under the skin and can be easily detected. Unlike subcutaneous fat, visceral fats cannot be easily determined so it is not safe to assume that underweight or thin women may not have excessive amount of visceral fats.
It is best to control fat accumulation in the abdominal areas as early as possible. Proper nutrition, diet, regular exercise, and a healthy way of living are the best ways to control and rid of visceral fats. Here are some tips to help lose belly fat for women:
- Eat foods that are rich in fiber. Fiber is a natural cleansing agent that wipes or sweeps away fats that are deposited in the stomach. Apples, oats, and whole grains are good sources of fiber. Including these food items in your daily dietary plan will help avoid fat accumulation in the tummy.
- Avoid hydrogenated oils that can be harmful to your body. Choose foods that contain monounsaturated fats instead. Examples of these are a variety of nuts, avocados, and olives.
- Design a weight loss program which includes a diet plan and physical workout. A good weight loss program should offer a comprehensive set of activities that does not cover only one area. It should be able to provide a design to make the whole body healthy and well balanced. A weight loss program often includes an assessment, a recommended dietary plan, and a set of physical activities.
- Regular physical exercise will help women get rid of belly fat. There are physical fitness routines that are designed specifically as a fat burning workout. Incorporating these activities in the daily of weekly physical fitness program will help reduce weight and lose belly fat for women.
- Eat in small portions several times a day and avoid eating too much late at night. It is healthier to eat in small portions several times a day than to eat huge servings in one sitting, eating in small portions results to high metabolism. Always make sure that your meals are within the proper nutritional plan.
- Aside from regular physical workout, women will also benefit from daily physical activities such as walking. Walk as often as possible. Women who live sedentary lives tend to be more prone to accumulation of excessive fats.
- Create a stress free environment. Stress is a major contributor to weight gain. Women suffering from stress tend to eat and sleep a lot and would often experience lack of energy to do physical activities.
With proper nutrition, a well balanced diet, regular physical work-out and a healthy overall living that is free of stress, women can easily lose belly fat. Come on Ladies!